Parks & Recreation
The Village owns several facilities that can be rented for use.
Potter Building Rental Form
Potter Builidng Reservation Form
The Village owns two pavilions: one on the North Bank of the Erie Canal and a second within the Fairport Junction Parking Lot. Use of the facility is managed by the Village Clerk at the direction of the Village Board of Trustees. The pavilion is open to the public; however it may be rented for private events such as weddings, 5K runs, etc. Rental of the gazebo does not restrict access to other areas within the canal walkway. To reserve the pavilion contact the Village Clerk's Office.
Kenelley Park & Gazebo
Vincent G. Kennelley Park is named in recognition of the many contributions to the Village by former Mayor Kennelley who died while in office on February 6, 1989.
The park and the gazebo are property of the Village of Fairport. The park is open to the public. Use of the facility is managed by the Village Clerk at the direction of the Village Board of Trustees. The gazebo is frequently rented for private events such as weddings. Rental of the gazebo does not restrict access to other areas within the park. To reserve the gazebo contact the Village Clerk's Office.
Gazebo/ Pavilion Reservation Form
Overnight Docking Policy
The following rules and fees apply to overnight docking:
• Register with dockmaster and advance pay posted fee for planned length of stay. If no dockmaster is on duty at the time of your arrival, please complete the registration form and insert payment envelope in the lockbox at the dockmasters’ station.
• Provide dockmaster with telephone number, in case of emergency.
• Stays may be limited to up to 14 days on the SOUTH side of the canal, depending upon availability of space.
• Boats may not be locked to any dock area.
• Long-term stay boaters (15 days or longer) must dock on the NORTH side of the canal or WEST of the Main Street bridge, depending upon availability of space.
• Boats may be moved at the dockmasters’ discretion.
• The Village of Fairport is not responsible for the security of any boats or personal possessions.
• Please be considerate of others by minimizing late-night noise, disposing of trash in nearby receptacles, and respecting others’ property.
• By docking in Fairport, you agree to adhere to the rules, as enforced by the dockmasters or Fairport Police Department.
Fairport dockmasters are here to help boaters by providing information, directions, canal maps and other assistance as needed.
Dockmasters are on duty daily; generally from 1 to 6 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. Hours may vary on weekdays.
Fairport Overnight Docking Fees