Farmers Market Manager
The Fairport Farmers Market is a community market, sponsored and administered by the Village of Fairport. The market provides access to locally grown fruits, vegetables, and other farm products, while creating a sense of community within the Village and providing economic commerce within our downtown district. We are currently seeking a market manager to lead the day-to-day operations of the farmer’s market.
The Market Manager is a part-time position with primary responsibility being the day-to- day operation of the farmer’s market. This will include an on-site presence at the market during all market hours, as well as off-site work during non-market hours. The manager will report to the Village Manager who will set all market policy and working conditions. In addition, the market manager will represent the market to the market’s vendors, the consumers, and to the community.
Duties – In Season
- Enroll farmers/vendors in the market—either through seasonal vendor agreements or as daily
- Collect all participation fees owed, make accurate accounting, and deposit in market account or other designated
- Arrive prior to market vendors arriving and remain throughout the market day to:
- Properly place vendors in stalls, including assigning market stalls to daily vendors;
- Place market signs, parking signs;
- Ensure all rules and regulations are adhered to;
- Ensure all state and county regulations are adhered to;
- Answer questions for vendors and consumers
- Resolve disputes that arise;
- Maintain market grounds in a safe manner;
- Enroll market and market farmers in the Farmers’ Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) where
- Act as liaison to the Village of Fairport, providing accounting and performance reports as
- Communicate market policies, activities, and rules to farmers, keeping them informed throughout the Bring suggestions from farmers back to the market board/committee.
- Solicit entertainment/events for market days, as well as sponsors for the entertainment/events as
- Conduct periodic customer counts each market day to assess the level of growth in market
- Assure the market site is clean once the market is closed and the vendors have left for the
- Maintain database of farmers, vendors, their contact information, and any licenses or permits each vendor possesses based on the products they are
Duties – Off season
- Vendor recruitment and
- Professional development for market assistants and
- Community relationship
- Advertising/ promotional program development, including special events
- Work with market board/committee (if applicable) to plan for market growth and
- Preparations of site for next season, including securing location, site permits, market insurance, ensure that any maintenance or repairs needed to site are made, secure bathrooms, set market schedule, organize
- Prepare annual
- Annual Market Evaluation – sustainability vendor success, value to
Qualifications – Required
- Passionate about the community and local
- Able to build relationships within the
- Ability to think
- People person with skills in
- Good communication
Qualifications – Helpful
- Previous market manager experience.
- Marketing skills
- Some financial knowledge helpful: e., budgeting.
Work Hours: January – April (As needed for recruitment and planning) May – November (Each Saturday from 7 a.m. – 12 p.m.)
Deadline for application: Friday, February 26, 2021 at 4 p.m. Open until filled.
Process for application: Please email letter of interest and resume to: Bryan L. White
WE LOOK FORWARD TO YOU JOINING OUR TEAM!
Bryan L. White Village Manager 31 S. Main St.
Fairport, NY 14450
585-421-3201 (office) email@example.com
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled