Village Tree Board
Village Tree Board Members:
- Matthew Brown, Chair
- Jane DeMeis
- William Maier
- Monica Phillips-Reagan
- Natasha Besch-Turner
- Zakery Steele (Alternate Member)
In serving as “caretaker” for the more than 3,400 trees sited on Village property and right-of-ways, Fairport has met or exceeded the four required standards for the Tree City USA designation including:
- A legally constituted Tree Board;
- A Village tree ordinance;
- A comprehensive forestry program supported by a minimum investment of $2 per capita per year; and
- An Arbor Day proclamation by the Village Board and an Arbor Day observance.
Shade which provides savings on air conditioning costs, cools parking lots, and reduces fumes from engines and fuel tanks;
- Acting as a windbreak which can reduce fuel consumption and provide energy savings in winter;
- Reducing stormwater runoff and soil erosion;
- Filtering and reducing air pollutants;
- Providing a calming effect on vehicle traffic; and
- Increasing property values.
The Fairport Village Tree Board presents Poet-Tree
In Celebration of National Poetry Month, and upcoming Arbor Day, the Village of Fairport Tree Board announces, 2021 Poet-Tree Installation. From April 5th through the end of April, select trees in our urban forest will provide the backdrop to uplifting and inspiring poetry. Many of the poems were authored by Juniors at Fairport High School. Others are from the broader Fairport community both past and present, including poet Ina Chilson Klock (1871-1965). Some poems are from across the published world. The installation of 45 poems is located right in the heart of the Village of Fairport and accessible by walking. Trees holding poems can be found along both the canal path east and west, and on both sides of North Main Street. The Installation will remain up during the month. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.